Employment Opportunity: General Labor/Maintenance
Posting No.: 1753
Closing Date: 11/16/2018
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m., overtime and on-call as needed, to include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
Salary: $33,500 annually
There is currently one (1) vacancy in the Division of Transportation.
• Uses hand tools, cleans, sweeps, performs basic maintenance tasks (e.g. replaces light bulbs, cleans, oils, and greases equipment, etc.) and other custodial tasks as assigned
• Performs a variety of horticultural tasks (e.g. mowing, pruning, mulching, weed whacking, tree trimming, etc.)
• Picks up and delivers mail, supplies and equipment
• Locates and removes refuse from County property
• Operates a pickup truck and a truck with a plow
• Assists higher level maintenance staff at job sites (e.g. shoveling, digging, loading and unloading materials, etc.)
• Additional duties as assigned
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands and arms to operate tools, and lift and/or move a minimum of 80 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes working in precarious places, in extreme outside weather conditions with fumes and in cramped or confined places
• Employees in this class are required to be on call for emergency situations and seasonal snow removal, which means being capable of working in excess of forty hours per week
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 11/16/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer