Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Office Assistant
Posting No.: 1754
Closing Date: 11/16/2018
Department: Building & Zoning
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $27,000-$28,500 annually
There is currently one (1) position available.
• Screens incoming calls and routes to the appropriate location
• Acts as a counter clerk and receptionist, receiving individuals or directing them to the proper location
• Provides and interprets information regarding department policies, procedures and programs to the public
• Receives applications and forms, reviews that they are complete, and forwards on to the appropriate staff member
• Composes original form letters, prepares packets, and enters data into systems
• Receives and distributes incoming mail and responds to basic mail requests
• Answers general building and departmental questions
• Schedules the building inspections
• Handles confidential information
• Filing, typing and other duties as assigned
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years of experience in general office work which required skilled typing
A passing score on a typing skills test and basic Word and Excel tests are required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 11/16/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer