Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Heavy Equipment Crew Leader
Posting No.: 1756
Closing Date: 11/13/2018
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m., overtime and call-out as needed
Salary: Based on Union Contract
• Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment
• Trains lower classified personnel when assigned to crew
• Determines what equipment, material and traffic signs are necessary for safety procedures
• Operates equipment for the installation of culverts, tile, drainage inlets and ditches
• Operates specialized equipment (i.e. roader grader, gradall, and road striper)
• Operates snowplow for removal of snow and ice from roadways
• Performs excavation and shoulder work with grader
• Transports equipment to working sites
• Services and makes minor repairs to equipment not requiring a mechanic
• Performs miscellaneous maintenance duties such as snow and ice control, general traffic control, and is subject to call-out for emergency maintenance service at all times
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands and arms to operate tools, and lift and/or move a minimum of 80 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes working in precarious places, in extreme outside weather conditions with fumes and in cramped or confined places
• Employees in this class are required to be on call for emergency situations and seasonal snow removal, which means being capable of working in excess of forty (40) hours per week
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in the operation of heavy construction equipment or specialized complex equipment; including one (1) year supervising work crews
• Possession of a valid Illinois Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and must have an Air Brake Endorsement
The position is subject to drug and alcohol testing requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation - Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150 and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
A post offer drug screen is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 11/13/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer