Employment Opportunity: Support Services
Title: Housekeeper II
Posting No.: 1763
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Facilities Management
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 5:00 p.m.-1:30 a.m. occasional weekends and holidays as scheduled
Salary: $23,728 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time. This position will be assigned to the 421 Administration Building, Judicial Office Facility, Judicial Annex, and Sheriff's Office.
• Perform deep cleaning procedures e.g. (clean carpeting, blinds, furniture, walls, lights, etc.) using specialized equipment and assigned methods
• Clean offices, hallways, and restrooms, and inspect completed work for cleanliness
• Change light bulbs; utilizing an extension pole, stepstool, or ladder
• Sweep, mop, disinfect, polish furniture, and empty wastebaskets and recycling bins
• Move carts of chairs, load/unload cart of chairs and arrange chairs for rooms and move tables to set up and break down meeting rooms
• Attend in-service programs and department meetings
• Follow precise and prescribed cleaning and maintenance methods for heavy duty equipment
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, climb ladders and stairs, use hands to push, pull and operate cleaning tools and equipment, reach with hands and/or arms overhead and horizontally, uses hands for repetitive tasks, crouch or stoop, and lift and move a minimum of 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes tasks that occur indoors in a temperature-controlled environment, on surfaces such as ceramic tile, vinyl tile, concrete, wood or commercial carpeting. Employees may occasionally perform functions outdoors on concrete, asphalt, grass, or gravel. The employee may have to function on potentially unstable structures (ladders and/or step stools) on uneven surfaces (outdoors on concrete, asphalt, grass or gravel) and on surfaces of varying heights such as stairs, steps, ladders or stepstools. Tasks may require personal protective equipment including latex or vinyl gloves and safety glasses
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School diploma or GED
• A valid Illinois Driver's License in good standing
The preferred candidate will:
• Have commercial, hotel, or healthcare housekeeping experience
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer