Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Health Services Administrator
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week, as scheduled
Salary: Depending on Qualifications
The Medical Services Unit (MSU) at the DuPage County Jail is fully accredited with the ACA and NCCHC. The MSU operates inside the jail and provides inmates with medical, dental, and mental health services. The MSU is committed to providing and maintaining quality care for the inmate population.
• Manages the overall operations of the facility’s healthcare operations.
• Works in unison with facility, and management to ensure the healthcare needs of the facility are consistently being met and are in compliance with healthcare policies and procedures, goals, and objectives.
• Maintains effective working relationships with correctional, medical, nursing and psychological staff, contracted providers.
• Ensures compliance with the policies and procedures. Utilizes established policies and procedures in making decisions, and sound independent judgment performing the duties of the position.
• Directs the work of other employees and contract providers. To include selection, hiring, evaluating performance, employee training, promoting, and disciplinary action including termination.
• Ensures adequate staffing to meet the healthcare needs of the detainees/inmates.
• 24/7on-call status.
• Ensures appropriate licensure and insurance coverage of all healthcare personnel.
• Monitors and takes appropriate action as needed on operational issues including overtime, issuing appropriate forms, auditing medical files, requesting records, ensuring detainees or inmates with serious health problems receive necessary intervention and treatment, ensuring compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws and physical safety requirements.
• Ensures proper accreditation of the medical program is attained.
• Completes and submits regular operational reports.
• Responds to all inquiries and requests for information.
• Identifies financial responsibilities for all incurred expenses.
• Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Obtains outside bids for ancillary healthcare services.
• Maintains and fosters effective external relationships with outside hospitals or agencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in public health, health administration, public administration or closely related field and a minimum of 2 years professional experience in public health, health care or health related field: OR
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and valid permanent Illinois license to practice professional nursing and 5 years of professional nursing experience, including 3 years in public health, health care or a health-related field; OR
• Eligibility for certification as a Physician’s Assistant by the Illinois State Board of Medical Examiners and 3 years of professional experience in public health, health care or health-related field.
The preferred candidate will also possess:
knowledge of the principles and practices of correctional health administration; of budget preparation and planning; of primary health care programs; of personnel practices; of management techniques and practices; of the control and prevention of major health problems; of standard medical practices; and of current literature on communicable disease control and epidemiology. Ability is required to administer established principles and practices of health care; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Knowledge of federal, state, correctional health care standards and institutional regulations and guidelines in the provision of contract services.
PLEASE NOTE: For this position, applications must be from the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office Website (https://www.dupagesheriff.org/AboutUs/103/).
Please email application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer