Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Deputy Sheriff
Closing Date: 1/18/2019, or until quota is met
Department: Sheriffs Merit Commission
Salary: $56,152 annually
Registration begins on January 7, 2019. Registrations accepted until qualified registrant quota is met. Only the first 200 qualified registrants will be allowed to take the exam.
DuPage County Sheriff’s Merit Commission is seeking applicants to establish an eligibility list for Deputy Sheriff.
• Be at least 21 years of age at the time application is received by the Commission; and
• Be a United States citizen; and
• Be, or become upon certification for placement on the Deputy Sheriff Candidate list, a resident of the State of Illinois.
• Have the following educational credentials, military service, and/or law enforcement experience:
• Associate or higher degree; or certifiable completion of at least 60 semester hours at an accredited university, college, junior or community college; or other institution of higher learning (but not trade or vocational school); or
• High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate and service either in the United States military or four (4) years as a full-time peace officer with a police department or sheriff’s office in the United States with a letter of creditable service; or
• Such combination of educational credentials and of military service or law enforcement experience determined as suitable by the Commission for candidacy as a Deputy Sheriff;
• Be, or become within one (1) year from being appointed, domiciled within the required residency boundaries and maintain such domicile as a condition of appointment; and
• Hold, or obtain upon certification for placement on the Deputy Sheriff candidate list, a valid Illinois drivers license, which has not been suspended or revoked, and maintain such as a condition of appointment; and
• Not have a felony conviction nor a domestic violence criminal conviction nor a dishonorable discharge (U.S. Army RE-4 separation classification or equivalent) from military service; and
• Pass a written examination, interviews, background investigation, and other screening and testing required by the Commission.
• Starting Salary $56,152.00
• Paid vacation, holidays or compensatory holiday pay, and sick leave
• Health, dental and life insurance
• Pension and Deferred Compensation
Registration is available in the auditorium of the JTK Administration Building, 421 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday from January 7 – January 18, 2019. THERE IS A $30.00 NON-REFUNDABLE FEE FOR THE PRELIMINARY REGISTRATION PACKET WHICH CAN BE PAID BY EITHER MONEY ORDER OR CASHIERS CHECK PAYABLE TO DUPAGE COUNTY TREASURER. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
A written examination will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. in the auditorium of the 1st floor at the JTK Administration Building, 421 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187.
The DuPage County Sheriff’s Merit Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer