Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: 911 Telecommunicator
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Full-Time: This position supports a 24-hour, 7 days a week operation. Applicants must have the desire/ability to work any shift; including weekends and holidays as scheduled. Shift assignment will be determined after training completion.
Salary: $43,614.66 annually
• Applicants must be able to pass the applicant testing and background investigation
• Ability to type accurately a minimum of 30 WPM
• Full-time position answering multi-line telephone equipment including 911 calls and administration lines, dispatching police by transmitting vital information to Emergency Personnel via Radio, and relaying information via Computer Aided Dispatch Terminal
• Ability to multi-task, to work in a fast-paced environment under stressful conditions, and be computer and typing proficient
• Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Ability to speak/understand and read English
• Full range of hearing in both ears
Communications personnel are included in the Illinois FOP Labor Council.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until position is filled.
Interested applicants should complete the Civilian Employment Application found at www.dupagesheriff.org/AboutUs/103/.
Applications can be submitted via email at email@example.com or can be mailed or dropped off to 501 N. County Farm Road- Attention Radio Room, Wheaton, IL 60187.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer