Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Title: Senior Budget Analyst
Posting No.: 1788
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $72,000-$77,000 annually
• Assists in the preparation and management of the County’s annual budget
• Analyzes, consolidates and interprets financial data
• Assists with the review of all funding requests in the context of a consolidated budget
• Monitors the budget and spending throughout the year
• Reviews and forecasts future financial needs
• Reviews County department and Elected Official office’s budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with laws and regulations
• Manages and updates departments and offices on the uses, sources and availability of funds
• Serves as a lead worker or supervisor in the assignment of finance, accounting and grant related projects, effectively recommends such actions for assigned personnel
• Plans, develops and implements policy and procedures for the administration of departmental financial analysis and accounting, gathers, compiles, organizes and documents relevant financial information
• Prepares detailed reports and presentations for review by all levels of management
• Consolidates a wide range of operating and financial projections for the development of both short term and long term business plans
• Recommends financial actions for internal planning and review to outside Consultants in their report preparation (cost study, OPEB, etc.)
• Ensures availability of funds for payment of bills
• Ensures that uniform financial procedures are maintained
• Assists subordinate personnel with work problems
• Sets up procedures to maximize efficiency and cost savings
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field along with fours years of experience in professional finance and budget related work experience.
The preferred candidate will possess:
• Experience in MS Office and Infor/ERP system
• Proficient in creating complex spreadsheets and databases
• Prior experience with Oracle/PBCS
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer