Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Title: Senior Account Clerk
Posting No.: 1787
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $32,000-$34,500 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Works with Insurance/Medicare Department in submitting and following up on documentation needed for resident insurance billing and collection
• Tracks and follows up on receivable balances for all insurance/coinsurance claims
• Works with insurance companies verifying and confirming benefit information
• Bills for oxygen through the State of Illinois software system
• Manages filing for active and discharged residents
• Maintains confidentiality
• Provides customer service to all levels of staff within all County departments
• Handles hospice billing
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School Diploma or GED
• Two years of experience in bookkeeping and fiscal recordkeeping
The preferred candidate will have:
• A background in healthcare billing with knowledge and experience working with Medicare, Medicaid and insurance
• Two years of experience in insurance billing
Passing scores on a basic skills Word, Excel and Medical Billing test are required.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer