Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Forensic Scientist - Latent Print Examiner (Civilian Non-Sworn)
Closing Date: 1/31/2019
Hours: Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week, no nights or weekends
Salary: Commensurate with experience, $45,485-$96,847 annually
The DuPage County Forensic Science Center, a division of the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office, is seeking applicants for the position of Forensic Scientist – Latent Print Examiner. The laboratory is located at 501 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, Illinois 60187, approximately 30 miles west of Chicago, Illinois. The laboratory is ISO 17025 accredited and provides forensic services in drug chemistry, latent prints, forensic biology and DNA to law enforcement agencies within DuPage County.
• A bachelor’s of science degree from an accredited institution in forensic science, chemistry, biology or other natural science or related program.
• A minimum of two years full-time work experience conducting latent print processing, comparisons and use of AFIS/NGI.
• Working knowledge of computer software: Microsoft Office suite and Adobe PDF.
• Must not be impaired from qualifying as an expert witness and testing credibly in courts of law.
The preferred candidate will have
• Experience testifying as an expert witness in federal and/or state courts.
• Latent Print Certification through the International Association for Identification (IAI).
• Working knowledge of ISO 17025 accreditation standards.
Duties: Performs the development (physical and chemical processing), digital photography, analysis, AFIS/NGI searching, comparison, evaluation and verification of known and latent print evidence. Makes conclusions, and formulates opinions based on examinations performed and reports those findings. Reviews the reports and examinations of other analysts. Testifies in court as an expert witness. Other duties as assigned.
Other Information: Selected candidate must provide a DNA sample via a buccal swab, be fingerprinted, pass a security background check and pass a pattern-recognition examination.
PLEASE NOTE: Mail or email your cover letter, resume and civilian employment application (available at www.dupagesheriff.org/AboutUs/103/) to:
DuPage County Forensic Science Center
501 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
Applications for this position accepted until 1/31/2019.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer