Employment Opportunity: General Labor/Maintenance
Title: Maintenance Technician
Posting No.: 1786
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Facilities Management
Hours: Full-Time: Sunday-Thursday, 1:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m., includes evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled
Salary: $39,000 annually
There is one (1) full-time positions open at this time.
• Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repairs
• Constructs, repairs and installs cabinets, desks, and other office furniture
• Repairs windows, doors and locks and replaces tiles and floor coverings
• Installs framing, drywall, ceilings, paneling and baseboards
• Installs and replaces concrete sidewalks or cracked wall plaster
• Maintains air conditioning and ventilating units including routine repairs
• Repairs laundry and kitchen equipment
• Operates power tools, hand tools, light trucks, light construction equipment and other related equipment
• Prepares preliminary sketches to follow for repair work
• Estimates project costs and prepares requisitions for materials
• Maintains adequate stock of parts and supplies
• Maintains records of work requests received and completed
• Inspects work for compliance with specifications
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, operate tools and equipment with your hands and arms, climb, crouch or stoop, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position frequently includes working near moving mechanical parts in high or precarious places, with fumes or airborne particles, with the risk of electrical shock, and occasionally in cramped or confined spaces
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Three years of experience in maintenance and repair work, including one year of experience in at least one of the building trades
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver's License
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer