Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Posting No.: 1798
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: Sunday-Thursday 1:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., holidays and weekends as scheduled
Salary: $27,500-$30,000 annually
This position is located at the DuPage Care Center, 400 North County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187. There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Serves as a receptionist, greeting individuals and directing them to the proper location
• Serves as a switchboard operator; answering and redirecting both internal and external calls
• Provides and interprets information regarding facility policies, procedures and programs to the public
• Performs various routine clerical duties utilizing standard office equipment to include screening incoming calls, taking and transmitting messages, maintaining calendars, making copies, faxing documents
• Receives, sorts, distributes both internal and external mail
• Utilizes various types of office equipment including computers for word processing, creating spreadsheets, data entry and communication packages
• Follows proper protocol and procedures to ensure safety of residents
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Two years of general office work which required skilled typing
The preferred candidate will have:
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
A passing score on skills tests in Microsoft Word, Excel and typing speed and accuracy are required.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of AFSCME, Council 31.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer