Employment Opportunity: Animal Services
Title: Animal Services Foundation Liaison
Posting No.: 1846
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Animal Services
Hours: Temporary: Up to 15 hours weekly, hours and days vary
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
DuPage County Animal Services is an immediate open admission shelter caring for more than 2,300 animals of varying species annually.
• Provides support, coordinates and acts as a liaison for Foundation Board activities, fundraising, events and capital fundraising initiatives
• Coordinates and monitors committee activities & special fundraising events including pre-event & on-site event management and sponsor stewardship
• Develops working relationships with community groups, professional associations and other like agencies and identifies potential networking and/or joint marketing opportunities
• Coordinates all donor stewardship and communications
• Solicits and acknowledges in kind and monetary donations
• Maintains donor database and donor records
• Assists in the process of identifying and preparing grant funding opportunities
• Maintains foundation annual commitments calendar
• Promotes awareness and understanding of the foundation’s existence and mission by performing various public relations activities through the media, public relations, marketing, press releases, direct mail etc.
• Updates/maintains foundation website and public announcement boards
• Provides information to support the annual foundation operations budget preparation
• Participates in volunteer and board member recruitment, onboarding and stewardship
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties and responsibilities, the employee will be exposed to loud noise, noxious odors, and will be subject to animal bites, scratches, and/or kicks
• The employee may be potentially exposed to zoonotic diseases, dangerous or fractious animals, infectious disease, and sharp objects
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, Public or Business Administration, or Human Services
• One year of professional experience in not-for-profit fundraising; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer