Employment Opportunity: Engineering
Title: Civil Engineer
Posting No.: 1847
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Stormwater Management
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Assists with the development of watershed plans, floodplain maps, hydraulic studies and the preparation of reports and presentations
• Assists with water quality monitoring and various aspects of the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System Program
• Assists in the operation and maintenance of the County’s flood control facilities, as well as running the County’s flood forecast models
• Inspects and maintains the County’s rain gage and stream gage networks
• Performs surveying work to obtain hydraulic structure information, stream cross-sections data and other topographic information
• Performs permit reviews for compliance with the DuPage County Stormwater and Floodplain Ordinance and the DuPage County Building Code
• Investigates drainage complaints and streambank erosion areas, assesses the flooding or erosion problem and assists with the design of proposed solutions
• Supervises the work of contractors to ensure that standards, specifications, lines and grades are being met
• Coordinates proposed improvements with state and local agencies and other County departments
Physical requirements and work environment:
• The work will occur in an office and field environment. Incumbents may be subjected to dusts, fumes, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noises
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) approved program
• This position requires a Valid Driver's License issued by the State of Illinois
The preferred candidate will have:
• Obtained or be working towards an Engineering In Training Certification (EIT)
• Knowledge of hydrology and hydraulics through relevant coursework and/or experience
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer