Employment Opportunity: Engineering
Title: Project Engineer
Posting No.: 1767
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Stormwater Management
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $75,000-$90,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Performs stormwater and floodplain permit reviews per the DuPage County Countywide Stormwater and Flood Plain Ordinance
• Assists with review of technically complex submittals including advanced hydrology and hydraulics
• Represents the County with governmental jurisdictions, consultants and the general public on permitting, planning and engineering issues
• Assists director with flood forecasting decisions
• Performs hydrologic and hydraulic analysis related to project design and watershed planning
• Completes design and prepares permits for assigned in-house projects
• Oversees work performed by consultants or assigned staff on a wide variety of projects
• Provides leadership and technical support to Civil Engineers and Engineering Technicians in daily work assignments and reviewing work completed
• Performs a variety of tasks related to floodplain mapping
• Prepares various documents for the procurement of consultant services
• Prepares written correspondence or gives presentations to various municipalities or County Board Committees
Physical requirements and work environment:
• The work will occur in an office and field environment. While performing the duties and responsibilities the employee may be exposed to dusts, fumes, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited university
• Four (4) years of professional civil engineering experience
• Registration as an Illinois Professional Engineer
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s license
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer