Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Water/Wastewater Maintenance Worker
Posting No.: 1889
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Stormwater Management
Hours: Full-Time: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., depending on assignment to include 24-hour rotation, on-call, call out, and overtime as required
Salary: $48,000 annually
There are two (2) positions open at this time. These positions are located at the Marionbrook Underground Facility; located at 17W440 N. Frontage Road, Darien, IL 60561.
• Maintains, installs, troubleshoots, rebuilds, inspects, and repairs/replaces various Stormwater Facilities equipment (e.g. gates, fixtures, small motors and pumps, etc.)
• Orders parts and fills material requests
• Removes stream blockages and debris jams
• Flushes, televises, and repairs sewer systems
• Responds to emergency back-ups, lift stations problems, and flooding
• Performs landscaping and site maintenance once excavation is complete
• Operates heavy equipment (e.g. dump trucks, skid loaders, front end loaders, tankers, etc.)
• Maintains and repairs Stormwater facilities and assists with the department’s construction and excavation projects
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and/or arms to operate tools and equipment, climb, crouch or stoop, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes working near moving mechanical parts, in precarious places, in outside weather conditions, and with fumes or airborne particles
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School diploma or GED
• Three (3) years of specialized experience in preventative and corrective maintenance, wastewater and water collection distribution systems and equipment maintenance
• One (1) year of lead worker responsibilities
• Candidate will be required to obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an air brakes endorsement within ninety (90) days of employment
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer