Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Senior Community Development Specialist
Posting No.: 1905
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $58,000-$64,000 annually
• Reviews and independently manages the technical aspects of planning projects and/or community development programs, including but not limited to, management of Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) projects
• Communicates regularly with senior staff and outside agencies to assure timely and effective completion of projects, and conducts presentations and public meetings to elected officials and residents
• Participates as a team member on a wide variety of planning projects and/or community development programs
• Provides technical direction to subordinate staff working on planning and/or the community development programs
• Assists in the development of long-range and short-range plans and programs for the County
• Acts as resource to department on project management, fiscal impact, budget review, environmental analysis, compliance, regulations, and related issues
• Coordinates the needs and input of municipalities and other outside agencies within countywide plans and programs
• Coordinates with staff and assists in the preparation and implementation of all phases of the Federal consolidated planning process for Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships Program, and Emergency Solutions Grant, as well as additional funds received by County from time to time such as CDBG-DR
• Conducts citizen engagement surveys and exercises to obtain appropriate data for estimates and projections of community needs
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Planning or related field, with an emphasis on housing and community development
• Two to four years of experience in community development, grant administration, or real estate
This position is dependent on available funding.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer