Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Information & Referral Specialist II
Posting No.: 1904
Closing Date: 5/6/2019
Department: Community Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. or 10:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Salary: $33,000-$35,500 annually
There is currently one (1) position open at this time.
• Assists individuals in focusing on specific needs, and with identifying problems
• Screens clients for eligibility for programs or services offered and completes calls
• Completes intakes with call-in and walk-in clients by gathering demographic, income, assets and needs information
• Enters demographics into the appropriate database
• Assists clients with the completion of applications and related documentation required for services
• Provides advocacy and short-term crisis intervention for persons in extreme states of stress and refers them to appropriate resources
• Mails resource information when needed and follows up with individuals and/or referral agency to assure client needs are met
• Conducts inquiries and basic research to determine if unknown types of services are available
• Compiles data on the number of calls, follow-up calls, and source of referrals for review by supervisor
• Prepares and presents public information material, educational workshops and represents the unit with service providers
• Tabulates required reports
• Performs community outreach in the form of public speaking and conducting educational workshops
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Some travel to an off-site facility or building in all weather conditions
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Human Services, Psychology, or a related field
• Two years of experience in Information and Referral or Social Service
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s License
• Completion of mandated training for Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) certification within one year
• Completion of Certified Application Counselor License for the Affordable Care Act within six months
• Completion of Certified Community Resource Specialist - Aging/Disabilities (CRS-A/D) within one year
Additional certifications and/or licenses may be required, dependent on the specific program.
This position is dependent on available funding.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 5/6/2019.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer