Employment Opportunity: General Labor/Maintenance
Posting No.: 1945
Closing Date: 5/28/2019
Department: Stormwater Management
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., overtime and on-call as needed, to include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
Salary: $35,000 annually
There are two (2) vacancies. The positions are located at the Marionbrook Underground Facility; located at 17W440 N. Frontage Road, Darien, IL 60561.
• Uses hand tools, cleans, sweeps, performs basic maintenance tasks (e.g. replaces light bulbs, cleans, oils, and greases equipment, etc.) and other custodial tasks as assigned
• Performs a variety of horticultural tasks (e.g. mowing, pruning, mulching, weed whacking, tree trimming, etc.)
• Picks up and delivers mail, supplies and equipment
• Locates and removes refuse from County property
• Operates a pickup truck and a truck with a plow
• Assists higher level maintenance staff at job sites (e.g. shoveling, digging, loading and unloading materials, etc.)
• Additional duties as assigned
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands and arms to operate tools, and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes working near moving mechanical parts, in high or precarious places, in extreme outside weather conditions, with hazardous materials, with fumes or airborne particles, with the risk of electric shock, and in cramped or confined spaces
• Employees in this class are required to be on call for emergency situations and seasonal snow removal, which means being capable of working in excess of forty hours per week
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 5/28/2019.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer