Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Office Assistant
Posting No.: 1978
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Division: Family Center
Hours: Part-Time: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Sunday 2:45 p.m.-8:15 p.m.
Salary: $14.00-$15.00 per hour
There is currently one open position at this time. This position is located at the DuPage County Family Center, 422 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187.
• Serves as liaison with both internal and external contacts regarding administrative issues
• Provides clerical and administrative support for clinical staff
• Interacts with clients and provides information, direction and assistance
• Checks clients in and out, collects money and issues receipts using a computerized system
• Answers and transfers all incoming phone calls
• Completes data entry and word processing assignments utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
• Creates and organizes client files and packets
• Deals with confidential information on a daily basis
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Two years of experience in general office work which required skilled typing
The preferred candidate will have:
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications
• Experience working with confidential information
• The ability to deal effectively with the public
A passing score on a typing skills test and basic Word and Excel tests are required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer