Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Title: Financial Services Manager
Posting No.: 1989
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $72,000-$82,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Supervises the work of subordinate personnel in accounts payable/receivable functions including the processing of vouchers encumbrances, and e-pay
• Recommends hires and promotions; directs, evaluates and appeals employment decisions for all assigned positions
• Plans, develops and implements policy and procedures for the administration of departmental accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and cash flow management
• Prepares financial reports and monitors budgeted vs. actual revenue and expenditure trends for various funds including motor fuel tax (MFT), local gas tax, impact fees and local, state and federal reimbursements
• Ensures availability of funds for payment of bills, award of contracts, etc.
• Reconciles monthly expenditures and revenues with the County Treasurer
• Advises on the use and source of funds
• Prepares various reports and studies as assigned
• Assists subordinate personnel with work problems
• Sets up procedures to maximize efficiency and cost savings
• Responsible for the development of the department’s annual budget
• Monitors capital project expenditures and funding sources
• Oversees agreement reimbursements, terms, and schedules
• Responsible for preparation of required MFT reporting in compliance with GATA
• Reconciles MFT expenditures with IDOT; participates in annual IDOT audit of MFT expenditures and documentation
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Three (3) years of experience in accounting or fiscal record keeping, including two years of supervisory experience
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer