Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Office Assistant
Posting No.: 2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Part-Time: 16 hours per week, Friday and Saturday 1:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., and as needed to include holidays and weekends
Salary: $12.50-$13.50 per hour
This position is located at the DuPage Care Center, 400 North County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187. There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Serves as a receptionist, greeting individuals and directing them to the proper location
• Serves as a switchboard operator; answering and redirecting both internal and external calls
• Provides and interprets information regarding facility policies, procedures and programs to the public
• Performs various routine clerical duties utilizing standard office equipment to include screening incoming calls, taking and transmitting messages, maintaining calendars, making copies, faxing documents
• Receives, sorts, distributes both internal and external mail
• Utilizes various types of office equipment including computers for word processing, creating spreadsheets, data entry and communication packages
• Follows proper protocol and procedures to ensure safety of residents
• The preferred candidate will possess exceptional customer service and communication skills
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Two (2) years of general office work which required skilled typing
A passing score on skills tests in Microsoft Word, Excel and typing speed and accuracy are required.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer