Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Social Services Assistant
Posting No.: 2026
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Temporary: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $14.25 per hour
There are four (4) positions available at this time. The positions will be temporary until 5/31/2020.
• Assist residents with information, referrals and completing applications for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP)
• Perform intake and screening of applications for Client Services
• Determine eligibility for services
• Contact clients by phone or mail to initiate corrective actions when needed to complete an application
• Complete applications in the field for homebound seniors and at the intake sites
• Additional duties as assigned
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Some travel to an off-site facility or building in all weather conditions
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) equivalent
• A minimum of one year of college coursework in Social Services
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will:
• Be a quick learner and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Be self-disciplined and show initiative, respond favorably to feedback
THIS IS A GRANT-FUNDED POSITION.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer