Employment Opportunity: Engineering
Title: Engineering Technician
Posting No.: 1996
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.4:30 p.m.
Salary: $45,000-$52,000 annually
There is currently one (1) position open at this time.
• Collects field data to update maps; manages and prepares capital asset information
• Creates maps for presentations and staff meetings
• Conducts field inspections for construction work related to public works permits
• Documents violations or errors and contacts appropriate contractor, owner or utility
• Reviews plans and permit applications; prepares easements and final acceptance documents and records them
• Responds to permit related complaints and completes historical research
• Reviews plans and specifications for conformance to Environmental Protection Agency, State and County codes, enforces the ordinance and prepares revisions for the ordinance
• Confers with engineers on designs and obtains necessary permits for construction
• Acts as construction inspector on public works construction projects inspecting new sewer lines, manholes, water mains and hydrants
• Confers with contractors as required
• Sends out form letters and assists with all activities in the FOG program
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and/or move a minimum of 50 lbs.
• While performing the duties and responsibilities the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, loud noise, noxious odors, dusts, poor ventilation, unsanitary conditions, chemicals, oils, electricity, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, intense noises, travel, and other related conditions and situations
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Completion of two college level courses in engineering, drafting or surveying or related field
• Two years of experience in sub-professional engineering or construction
The preferred candidate will have:
• Two college level courses in Geographic Information Systems
• Geographical Information Systems (ArcGIS), Global Positioning System (GPS) experience, Asset management software experience
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer