Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Posting No.: 2065
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $48,000-$56,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Maintains grant funds allocated to DuPage County under various titles
• Prepares and reviews resolutions to accept and appropriate grant funds
• Assists in budget preparation and performs budgetary accounting of grant funding, including preparation of budget transfers
• Requests draw-down of funds from granting agencies
• Reconciles grant funds allocated and disbursed with the County’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and the County’s Treasurer
• Controls the expenditure of grant funds and ensures the availability of grant funds for payment of bills
• Prepares required grant reporting including monthly and quarterly financial reports, and grant close out reports
• Maintains grant financial records and documentation of expenditures for external auditors and granting agency program monitors
• Maintains property management reports for capital equipment purchased by grants
• Prepares various reports and analysis as assigned
• Performs general ledger accounting, including journal entries and budget entries
• Assists in the preparation of the County’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), Single Audit, and Consolidated Year End Financial Report (CYEFR) including preparing schedules, reconciling accounts and creating year end accrual entries
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• One (1) to three (3) years of experience in governmental accounting and administering grants
The preferred candidate will:
• Have experience in administering state and federal grants
• Have experience working with an ERP system within a financial environment
• Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or be progressing towards earning a CPA
• A passing score on a basic Word and intermediate Excel test is required
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer