Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Posting No.: 2095
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Part-Time: Tuesday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Wednesday 12:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Thursday 12:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Salary: $26.20-$30.00 per hour
This position will be located at the Family Center, 422 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187. There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Conducts court ordered mediation regarding nonfinancial child related issues between parents who are in the court system.
• Develops Allocation of Parental Responsibilities and Parenting Time plans
• Screens for impediments to mediation
• Mediates and provides program presence in courtrooms
• Collaborates, interacts, and consults with other staff, mental health professionals, and other County departments on various topics, issues, and client concerns
• Prepares client progress notes
• Develops/writes parenting plans
• Provides consultation to service providers and community
• Participates in supervision and staffing meetings, program evaluation
• Prepares reports as required
• Maintains records of services
• Facilitates conflict management groups
• Prepares and presents educational programs
• Conducts neutral exchange and supervised parenting time services
• Provides support and coverage for other agency services, i.e. supervised parenting time and neutral exchange services
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Some travel to an off-site facility or building in all weather conditions
• The work environment includes working with children and parents in a child friendly environment, or in a court room addressing a judge, attorneys and court staff
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Master's Degree with a major in Social Work, Psychology, or related field, or Juris Doctorate
• Two years of work experience in social services, mediation, family law or a related field
• Must possess and maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s License in good standing
The preferred candidate will:
• Be licensed or license eligible as a Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
• Have the ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish
• Have working knowledge of the court/legal system, family theory and dynamics, family law, domestic relations court, mediation, child development and the effects of divorce/separation on families, how to handle high-conflict client interactions, and experience working with cases of domestic violence and orders of protection
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer