Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Mental Health Clinician Consultant
Posting No.: 1812
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Defender
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $42,000-$50,000 annually
• Provide services to individuals and their families
• Provide clinical diagnostic assessments and assess social functioning
• May determine frequency, duration and intensity of treatment
• Evaluate mental health status
• Evaluate assigned clients to determine level and type of assistance required (e.g. substance abuse, mental health) and makes referrals to appropriate agencies
• Conduct crisis assessment and short term intervention
• Collaborate, interact, and consult with other staff, mental health professionals, and other County departments on various topics, issues, and client concerns
• Prepare client progress notes
• Assist attorneys with developing defense strategy or mitigation for clients charged with criminal or delinquent act
• Provide case management services and act as a liaison to community organizations and residential programs to develop and coordinate after-care plans for special needs of clients for release from correctional/detention facility or transitional services for clients with various stages of the adjudication process
• Present information or provide expert testimony in court at the direction of an attorney
• Prepare written reports, treatment plans, and mitigation reports
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Master's Degree with a major in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling
• Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSW), in the State of Illinois
• Two years of work experience working with clients, preferably those involved in the legal system
• Must have and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s License
A pre-employment background check is required.
Please complete the job application and include your cover letter and resume.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer