Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (Recreation Therapy)
Posting No.: 2337
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: Bi-weekly rotation, Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., including weekends, evenings and holidays as scheduled
Salary: $21.25-$23.31 per hour, plus shift differential for evening shifts
There is one (1) position available. The position is located at the Kenneth Moy Care Center, 400 North County Farm Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187.
• Providing clinical support to residents during social and recreational activities
• Supporting unit based, all house activities and community outings that require clinical supervision for dining, including monitoring, coordinating and supervising food related activities with emphasis placed on residents with altered diets
• Providing ADL support (transfer, toileting, etc.) and administering medication during community outings
• Operating wheelchair lift, securing residents in wheelchairs, walkers or with other equipment on facility bus
• Assisting with preparation and implementation of all house activities and community outings
• Responding to residents’ calls and rendering service
• Preparing and administering gastric tube feeding
• Preparing, applying and changing simple and complicated dressings
• Irrigating catheters; taking temperatures, pulses and blood pressures
• Helping to prepare residents for special treatments and examinations
• Preparing daily and monthly charting of residents’ conditions and medications given
• Assisting in the cleaning and sterilizing of equipment
• Observing residents under oxygen and regulating oxygen as needed
• Assisting with weekly drug and supply orders; keeping medicine cabinet in order
• Accompanying visiting doctors on rounds and writing up doctors’ orders
• Keeping progress report book complete and up-to-date
• Supervising Nurses Aides in performance of routine tasks
Physical Requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and/or arms to provide care
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Possession of a license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the State of Illinois
• Completion of a course of study in Practical Nursing
• Successful completion of a pharmaceutical course from an accredited college or university, including course certification and/or copy of transcripts
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of AFSCME, Council 31.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer