Employment Opportunity: Legal/Court Services
Title: DUI Evaluator/Probation Officer
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Probation and Court Services
Hours: Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week, must be able to work Saturdays and evenings
Salary: $40,644 annually
The responsibilities of this position include:
Interviewing persons arrested for a DUI offense and preparing a written evaluation for the Court identifying substance abuse severity, criminal risk, and public safety risk. In order to complete the evaluation, the DUI Evaluator:
• Administers and interprets standardized assessment instruments.
• Investigates and verifies criminal history records and Secretary of State Driving Abstracts.
• Identify and assess antisocial behavior, mental health issues, motivation, and relapse potential.
• Identifies behaviors or issues which impact substance use.
• Recommends services to address substance use; and
• Other related duties as assigned
Requirements for this position:
• Bachelor’s degree in the Behavioral Sciences or related field required
• IAODAPCA, Certified Assessment/Referral Specialist (CARS), CADC, LPC, LCPC, LSW OR LCSW Certification/Licensure.
• Knowledge of substance abuse evaluations and interventions, criminal risk factors and assessment tools, and correctional intervention strategies.
• Knowledge of modern social service practice and casework philosophy.
• Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced office.
• Experience in interviewing, assessing, and counseling preferred.
• Bilingual candidates will be preferred.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Department of Probation & Court Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer