Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Office Assistant
Posting No.: 2329
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Part-Time: 24 hours per week, Sunday 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., and Monday, Thursday, Friday 1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Salary: $13.00-$14.00 per hour
• Performs various routine clerical duties utilizing standard office equipment to include screening incoming calls, taking and transmitting messages, maintaining calendars, making copies, faxing documents
• Provides and interprets information regarding facility policies, procedures and programs to the public
• Receives, sorts, distributes both internal and external mail
• Utilizes various types of office equipment including computers for word processing, creating spreadsheets, data entry and communication packages
• Compiles data for special studies and annual reports
• Files documents
• Conducts tours and completes contracts with new admits
• Data entry into EMR system
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Two (2) years of experience in general office work which required skilled typing
A passing score on a typing skills test and basic Word and Excel tests are required.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of AFSCME, Council 31.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer