Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Bilingual Parent Educator - Parents As Teachers (PAT)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Regional Office of Education
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: To Be Determined
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, social work or a related field
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to establish rapport with families and empower them by building on their strengths
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Valid Illinois driver’s license
• Proficiency in technology
• Parents as Teachers promotes the optimal early development, learning and health of children (birth to three years) by supporting and engaging their parents and caregivers.
• A Parent Educator implements the Parents as Teachers model by providing personal visits (typically held in the home) emphasizing parent-child interaction, development-centered parenting, and family well-being in their work with families.
• Utilizing the Parents as Teachers Foundational Curriculum in culturally sensitive ways, the Parent Educator partners, facilitates, and reflects with families.
• The Parent Educator must complete the Parents as Teachers Foundational and Model Implementation Trainings before delivering PAT services.
Reports to: Parents as Teachers Program Director
Employment: Full Time – 12 months, 210 days
• Engage in recruitment activities in the community
• Plan, deliver and document personal visits for a caseload of approximately 16 families
• Use the PAT Foundational Curriculum to share research-based information with families
• Provide family support in a nonjudgmental, reflective, and empathic manner
• Organize and host group connections to give families an opportunity to build social connections
• Complete development screening and health reviews
• Connect families to resources that help to address their needs and reach their goals
• Help parents and children transition to other services as needed, preschool or kindergarten
• Maintain and submit in a timely way all required family and program documentation
• Organize and inventory supplies / materials, etc.
• Participate in at least 2 hours of reflective supervision monthly
• Participate in at least 2 hours of staff meetings monthly
• Obtain competency-based professional development and renew parent educator certification
• Participate in continuous quality improvement
• Other activities as assigned
A pre-employment background check is required.
PLEASE NOTE: Apply at www.dupageroe.org
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer