Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
The LIHWAP benefit is a one-time water and wastewater payment assistance program to help households that are facing the threat of disconnection, have already been disconnected or have past due balances over $250 for their water and wastewater services
combined. Customers may apply one time for water and one time for wastewater for the life of the program, which is February 1, 2022 – August 31, 2023.
- Received a disconnection notice, are currently disconnected, or owe $250 or more.
- Household’s combined gross income for the 30 days prior to application (gross income for all household members, before taxes are deducted) is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level as shown in the chart below.
|Number of Persons||Monthly Gross Income|
For each household member, please have the following documents ready to verify your eligibility:
- Proof of past 30-day gross income through paystub, check or copy of check showing fixed income amount (e.g. SSA, VA, DHS benefits), or other proof of documentation for any income source.
- Current water/wastewater bill
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Residents without an ITIN or Social Security Number can still apply.
How to Apply
Applications are taken by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling (630) 407-6500 or email CSprograms@dupageco.org.