Juvenile Justice Center
Dear Parent or Guardian:
The JJC wishes to explain to you our policy regarding resident visitation. What follows is information on all aspects of visitation with the intention that the process is as smooth and enjoyable an experience as possible for all involved. If you have
additional questions or concerns, please contact the JJC at 630-406-7480.
Times and Scheduling
- Visitation will occur twice weekly; residents are allowed one (1) thirty (30) minute visit on Wednesday and one (1) thirty (30) minute visit on Sunday per calendar week.
- There are four (4) visiting sessions during each visitation day. Each session is thirty (30) minutes in length with a five (5) minute break in between periods to allow for visitor and resident movement.
Holiday Visiting Hours 2019
Thanksgiving Day: 1:00 P.M. - 3:15 P.M. (30 min. increments)
Christmas Day: 1:00 P.M. - 3:15 P.M. (30 min. increments)
Call 630-406-7480 to schedule a visitation time.
New Visiting Hours Effective December 1, 2019
Sunday: 1:00 P.M. - 3:15 P.M. (30 min. increments)
Tuesday: 2:30 P.M. - 3:35 P.M. (30 min. increments)
Thursday: 6:00 P.M. - 8:15 P.M. (30 min. increments)
Call 630-406-7480 to schedule a visitation time.
Visiting hours until November 30, 2019
1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
1:35 p.m. to 2:05 p.m. 6:35 p.m. to 7:05 p.m.
2:10 p.m. to 2:40 p.m. 7:10 p.m. to 7:40 p.m.
2:45 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. 7:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
Note: No visitors will be allowed into the facility for visitation after 3:00 p.m. on Sunday or 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Level 1 and Level 2 residents are allowed to visit with only with parents/guardians and biological children.
- Level 3 residents
are permitted to visit with parents/guardians, biological children, and approved
extended family members (i.e. grandparents, great-grandparents, siblings,
- The JJC requests that visitors make appointments prior to the visitation times. The phone number to schedule a visitation time is (630) 406-7480. Appointments can be made any time of the day or night.
- 6.Only visitors who are currently in visitation and those who are scheduled for the next visitation time slot will be allowed in the building. All other visitors must wait outside of the building. Children
must be supervised by an adult while in the facility’s lobby; JJC and court
security staff are not permitted to supervise visiting children.
- All visitations will be contact or non-contact, depending on resident's level.
- All visitors will be required to sign a visitation register prior to visiting a resident.
- Visits shall be supervised to the extent that privacy is assured.
- Visitors are subject to search, as provided by law.
packages, purses or electronic devices are permitted in the facility.
- All visitors are required to have a valid photo identification card.
- All visitors are required to pass through a metal detector, which is monitored by security personnel. Anyone who activates the metal detector will be required to remove personal property until they no longer activate it.
Note: Visitors shall leave jewelry and other metal objects
at home or locked in their vehicle. Security personnel must approve all
visitors past the metal detector.
- All coats and hats must be secured in a locker located next to the visitors’ waiting room.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring in any food or beverages.
- Hygiene products are provided for residents by the JJC. They will not be accepted from visitors.
- No money will be accepted for residents.
- No written correspondence will be allowed to pass through visitation. All mail must be sent through the U.S. Postal Service.
- There is no smoking allowed in the JJC.
- If visitors leave for any reason, the visit will be terminated.
- Visitors under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance will be denied visitation with residents.
- No gang colors or any gang representation will be permitted.
- Staff or security personnel may terminate a visit at any time for excessive noise, failure to follow staff directions or any other reasonable cause.
- Two (2) visitors will be allowed to visit at a time to include: parent/legal guardian (must have current proof of guardianship), biological children and/or court-approved visitors.
- If there are multiple visitors beyond two, the time will be divided by that number, or as determined by the resident.
- Step-parents may visit only if they are currently married to the resident’s parent (live-in paramours are not permitted).
- Natural parents are permitted to visit unless court ordered otherwise.
- When children of any age are visiting, they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Residents are able to request a visit via the Zoom app with parents/guardians and other approved family members as listed above if the family has a legitimate barrier to physically visiting the resident. Zoom visit requests are approved by supervisors.
- Zoom visits will be scheduled during evening hours after school and dinner.
- Zoom visits will be 30 minutes in length.
- Zoom visits will be supervised by staff; any inappropriate language or visual images, or unapproved visitors, will cause the visit to be terminated.