Juvenile Justice Center
Please Note: If you have any questions, want to schedule a visit or for any temporary changes to visitation due to COVID-19, please contact the Kane County JJC at 630-406-7480
Dear Parent or Guardian:
The DuPage County Juvenile Detention Center closed its doors in 2012. All youthful offenders who require detention are housed in the Kane County Juvenile Justice Center (JJC) at 37W655 IL Route 38, St. Charles, Illinois.
The JJC wishes to explain to you our policy regarding resident visitation. What follows is information on all aspects of visitation with the intention that the process is as smooth and enjoyable an experience as possible for all involved. If you have
additional questions or concerns, please contact the JJC at 630-406-7480.
Times and Scheduling
- Visitation will occur three times weekly; residents are allowed one (1) thirty (30) minute visit on Sunday, one (1) thirty (30) minute visit on Tuesday and one (1) thirty (30) minute visit on Thursday per calendar week.
- There are two (2) visiting sessions on Tuesday and four (4) visiting sessions on Sunday and Thursday. Each session is thirty (30) minutes in length with a five (5) minute break in between periods to allow for visitor and resident movement.
|1:00 pm to 1:30 pm ||2:30 pm to 3:00 pm ||6:00 pm to 6:30 pm |
|1:35 pm to 2:05 pm ||3:05 pm to 3:35 pm ||6:35 pm to 7:05 pm |
|2:10 pm to 2:40 pm || ||7:10 pm to 7:40 pm |
|2:45 pm to 3:15 pm || ||7:45 pm to 8:15 pm |
Note: No visitors will be allowed into the facility for visitation after 3:00 pm on Sunday after 3:20 pm on Tuesday or after 8:00 pm on Thursday
- Level 1 and Level 2 residents are allowed to visit with only parents/guardians and biological children.
- Level 3 residents are permitted to visit with parents/guardians, biological children, and approved extended family members (i.e. grandparents, great-grandparents, siblings, aunts/uncles).
- The JJC requests that visitors make appointments prior to the visitation times. The phone number to schedule a visitation time is (630) 406-7480. Appointments can be made any time of the day or night.
- Only visitors who are currently in visitation and those who are scheduled for the next visitation time slot will be allowed in the building. All other visitors must wait outside of the building. Children must be supervised by an adult while in the
facility’s lobby; JJC and court security staff are not permitted to supervise visiting children.
- All visitations will be contact, unless otherwise determined by a supervisor.
- All visitors will be required to sign a visitation register prior to visiting a resident.
- Visits shall be supervised to the extent that privacy is assured.
- Visitors are subject to search, as provided by law.
Note: No packages, purses or electronic devices are permitted in the facility.
- All visitors are required to have a valid photo identification card.
- All visitors are required to pass through a metal detector, which is monitored by security personnel. Anyone who activates the metal detector will be required to remove personal property until they no longer activate it.
Note: Visitors shall leave jewelry and other metal objects at home or locked in their vehicles. Security personnel must approve all visitors past the metal detector.
- All coats and hats must be secured in a locker located next to the visitors’ waiting room.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring in any food or beverages.
- Hygiene products are provided for residents by the JJC. They will not be accepted from visitors.
- No money will be accepted for residents.
- No written correspondence will be allowed to pass through visitation. All mail must be sent though the U.S. Postal Service.
- There is no smoking allowed in the JJC.
- If visitors leave for any reason, the visit will be terminated.
- Visitors under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance will be denied visitation with residents.
- No gang colors or any gang representation will be permitted.
- Staff or security personnel may terminate a visit at any time for excessive noise, failure to follow staff directions or any other reasonable cause.
- Two (2) visitors will be allowed to visit at a time to include: parent/legal guardian (must have current proof of guardianship), biological children and/or court-approved visitors.
- If there are multiple visitors beyond two, the time will be divided by that number, or as determined by the resident.
- Step-parents may visit only if they are currently married to the resident’s parent; live-in paramours are permitted as long as they are accompanied by the parent.
- Biological parents are permitted to visit unless court ordered otherwise.
- When children of any age are visiting, they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.