DuPage County Road Alerts
This page includes current DuPage County Division of Transportation roadway and/or trails construction projects, improvements by other agencies and/or events/activities impacting DuPage County highways and/or trails.
Immediate Alert Notifications
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE
Mill Street between Diehl Road and Ferry Road, in the cities of Naperville and Warrenville, will be closed on Wednesday, July 1 and Thursday, July 2, for emergency repair work. Message boards will be placed in key locations to provide advanced warning and to assist in detour routing. Please see the Mill Street Detour Map here.
If you have questions regarding this closure or detour routes, please contact the Division of Transportation at 630-407-6900.
ILLINOIS STATE TOLL HIGHWAY AUTHORITY - I-490 / Illinois route 390 INTERCHANGE
- The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority continues construction on the Illinois Route 390 corridor between IL83 and York Rd.
If you have questions regarding this project, please contact the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority office, at 630/241-6800 (M - F, 8 am to 4:30 pm) or their website at:
Road Construction Projects by DuPage County Division of Transportation
Road Construction Projects by Others
Posted Roadways/Bridges Restrictions
BRIDGE RESTRICTED TRUCK MOVEMENTS
- All Overweight Movement Permits (weight limit and/or lane width restrictions shown below) will NOT be permitted on DuPage County Bridges and/or Routes and will remain in effect until further notice, as follows:
- (CH 11) ARMY TRAIL ROAD bridge over the West Brach DuPage River (between Gerber Road and Smith Road) - limited to maximum 80K lbs. GVW permitted.
- (CH 4)
BLOOMINGDALE ROAD bridge over the Chicago Central & Pacific Railroad (between North Avenue and Army Trail Road) - limited to maximum 22 Ton Single Unit, maximum 29 Ton for 3 to 4 Axles and maximum
36 Ton for 5 or more axles GVW permitted.
- (CH 21)
GENEVA ROAD bridge over the West Branch DuPage River (between Winfield Road and Prince Crossing Road) - limited to 20 Ton (40K lbs.) GVW for Single Unit Vehicles, 30 ton (60K lbs.) for 3 to 4 Axle Combination Vehicles and 30 ton (60K lbs.) for 5 or more Axle Combination Vehicles.
- (CH 3) WARRENVILLE ROAD bridge over the East Branch DuPage River (between Yackley Avenue and Illinois Route 53) - limited to 17 Ton (34K lbs.) GVW for Single Unit
Vehicles, 20 ton (40K lbs.) for 3 to 4 Axle Combination
Vehicles and 25 ton (50K lbs.) for 5 or more Axle Combination
- (CH 13) WINFIELD ROAD bridge over Springbrook Creek (between Mack Road and Butterfield Road/IL-56) - limited to maximum 120K lbs. GVW permitted without review/approval of IDOT Bridge Office prior to movement.
- (CH 40) YACKLEY AVENUE
bridge over the Burlington Northern Railroad - limited to 100K lbs. GVW maximum weight between Ogden Avenue/US-34 and Maple Avenue in Lisle.
Illinois Department of Transportation
Link (click on icon below) to the Illinois Department of Transportation's Road "Obstructions and Restrictions" map for motorist and trucking travel. This map is revised by IDOT as conditions change. Please check back frequently for your travels.
If you have any questions on these or any other highways and/or trail systems in DuPage County, please contact the Division of Transportation office at 630/407-6900 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays) or e-mail the department
general e-mail at: