Statements of Economic Interests
The DuPage County Clerk's office
accepts and stores Statements of Economic Interests filed by persons involved in
a unit of local government: Illinois Governmental Ethics Act & State Officials and Employees Ethics Act (as amended in 2009)
Filers - Completing a Statement of Economic Interests
Starting in 2015,
you can file your statement online at https://ei.dupageco.org/SEI/Login.aspx.
Filers will receive information regarding online filing via letter or email
if an email address was provided.
For Public - Searching Statements of Economic Interests
statements can be searched and viewed online at http://ei.dupageco.org/PublicSearch/.
Persons Required to File a Statement of Economic Interests:
- All Elected Officials
- All members of Boards or Commissions
unless they function only in an advisory capacity
- All government
employees who are compensated for services and not as independent contractors and who:
- are, or function as, the head of a department, division, bureau, authority or other administrative unit within the unit of local government, or who exercise similar authority within the unit of local government;
- have direct supervisory authority over, or direct responsibility for the formulation, negotiation, issuance or execution of contracts entered into by the unit of local government in the amount of $1,000 or greater;
- have authority to approve licenses and permits by the unit of local government; this item does not include employees who function in a ministerial capacity;
- adjudicate, arbitrate, or decide any judicial or administrative proceedings, or review the adjudication, arbitration or decision of any judicial or administrative proceedings within the authority of the unit of local government;
- have authority to issue or promulgate rules and regulations within areas under the authority of the unit of local government; or
- have supervisory responsibility for 20 or more employees of the unit of local government.
Candidates for office must file their Statement of
Economic Interests via paper with the DuPage County Clerk pursuant to 5 ILCS 420/4A-108(b) 3. The following form
can be downloaded, completed and printed.
Precinct Committeemen candidates are
NOT required to file a Statement of Economic Interest.