Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)
This program offers eligible households the ability to save fuel and money by improving the energy conservation of the individual's home or furnace. A comprehensive computerized whole house energy audit is conducted to determine which specific services are appropriate.
- Households who qualify for LIHEAP are automatically eligible for Weatherization.
- Client must be a DuPage County resident.
- Income must not exceed 200% of poverty.
- Individuals receiving SSI, Aid to the Aged Blind and Disabled (AABD) and TANF are automatically eligible.
Effective Date January 25, 2016
| ||30 day income||Annual Income|
|1 person ||$1,980||$23,760|
|2 persons ||$2,670||$32,040|
|3 persons ||$3,360||$40,320|
|4 persons ||$4,050||$48,600|
|5 persons ||$4,740||$56,880|
|6 persons ||$5,430||$65,160|
|7 persons ||$6,121||$73,460|
|8 persons ||$6,815||$81,780|
| *Add $8,320 for each additional household member (annual income)|
Energy Savings Measures Provided
- Sealing cracks with weather-strip and caulk
- Insulating walls and attics
- Repairing windows and doors
- Furnace safety and efficiency testing
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are installed in homes without them.
- Air sealing.
If you believe you qualify for the weatherization program please contact DuPage County Community Services at 630-407-6500 or 1-800-942-9412 or email email@example.com